About The Course
The Kanban Systems Design [KMP1] lays the foundations of the Lean Kanban method teaching you the principles, practices and processes. This 2-day course is certified by the Lean Kanban University and has been created by Lean Kanban experts and leaders.
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Full simulation using the getKanban game
Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Lens
- The Kanban Values
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- STATIK – Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analyzing Demand and Capability
- Modelling Workflow
- Designing a Kanban System
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
Kanban Board Design
- Designing Kanban Ticket
- Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
Who Should Attend?
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organization, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Participants will receive a KMP1 certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
Scrum Alliance: 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs)
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).